The government of Ghana is dedicated to implementing policies that reduce the general cost of doing business in Ghana and to promoting investor confidence in the country. With a stable multi-party government that is committed to market liberalisation, Ghana has been ranked as one of the most attractive locations for doing business in Africa.
Other factors that make Ghana a competitive investment destination include:
- There is transparent and functional legal framework to ensure the success of every investment
- Ghana’s unique geographically position as the closest country to the centre of the earth provides the capacity to develop a good hub for intra-African market.
- Ranked the most business-friendly environment in West Africa -World Bank
- A sound macroeconomic environment
- Immediate access to all markets of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- 100% foreign ownership is permitted
- On-going privatisation in key economic sectors
- Rapid infrastructure development
- Expanding stock market
- Competitive labour force and availability of skilled and trainable labour
- Quota-Free access to USA & European Union markets.
- Export-free zones where goods traded with other countries are exempt from customs duties
- Fast developing financial infrastructure
- High degree of personal safety and
- Warm and friendly people